“This new book by Veranda is a must for anyone’s library who is passionate about design.”
–Bunny Williams, Interior Designer
Explore this magnificent global collection of beautiful homes from VERANDA and become inspired by the talented designers and architects who created them.
Our innate desire for beauty is every bit as powerful as our yearning for love and happiness. The editors of Veranda spoke with dozens of interior designers, architects and landscape designers–including Ellie Cullman, Celerie Kemble, Thomas A. Kligerman, Brooke and Steve Gianetti, Katie Ridder, Keith Robinson, Stephanie Sabbe, Mark D. Sikes, Ruthi Sommers, Colette van den Thillart, and Bunny Williams–about how they introduce beauty into the spaces they design so lovingly. Organized by room, each chapter displays both the grandeur of interiors and those special details that make a room arresting, reminding readers that some of the most beauteous thrills can happen in any corner of the home. From kitchens and bathrooms to bedrooms and gardens, these are the glorious spaces that feel as good as they look and invite us in with their enthralling combination of color, pattern, and texture, along with stunning architectural features like beamed ceilings, Venetian plaster walls, and an arbor fireplace.
Step inside spectacular homes in exclusive locations like Palm Beach, New Orleans, Provence and Mustique to find:
• Stunning color photographs that illuminate the designers’ process, room by room
• Personal advice on creating delightful living environments
• How balance and scale are achieved in every space, from grand architectural elements to small details
• An intimate view of light-flooded sunrooms, jewel-colored high-gloss walls, bronze window casings, antique doors, displays of Japanese textiles, and superbly dressed beds
• Inspiration to live beautifully and gracefully and to establish your own personal style